Sports Psychology Skills to Perform Better
- Practice giving the most mental and physical effort you can as a skill of its own!
- Set realistic, challenging, short-term, specific, performance-related goals!
- Focus on the specific details of each task (task orientation) and not on the outcome!
- Be positive with yourself and others, and throw out all negativity!
- Visualize successfully executing the details of each task repeatedly until your mind knows it!
- Learn meditation techniques for increasing self-confidence, reducing anxiety, gaining control and quickly recovering from mistakes!
These skills are just a few of the skills that are discussed in sports psychology. You may find that other skills are more or less important, but it would appear that most sport-specific "mistakes" in play involve one of the above skills listed. Add your own ideas to the curriculum.